Friday, March 12, 2010

Freshen Up Your Poker League Party

Here's a refreshing, simple, yummy and healthy recipe for Butterscotch Apple Salad shared with us by another friend, Poker Pirate and our League's best dealer, Jamie.  She's even promised to make this a staple when it's her turn to bring the snacks.

Butterscotch Apple Salad

3 medium apples, diced
1 can crushed pineapple, drained
1 tub of fat free cool whip
1 small butterscotch sugar free pudding mix, unprepared
1 cup mini marshmallows
Combine all ingredients in medium bowl. Chill and serve.

Thanks, Jamie!  And speaking of great recipes and cookbooks, my friend, Kathy, whose recipes I've shared with you all on this blog, was visiting us from Hawaii this week and I was able to spend some time with her.  She has put together a wonderful recipe book that's full of stories, family and friend photos, and great recipes.  She plans to make me a copy as well so we should have some fabulous, passed-down recipes to share when I get it.  I'm certainly blessed to have such wonderful and talented friends.

If you have favorite recipes that you'd like to share, please post them below or email me at pocketaces@morethanpokertables.com and I'll post them for you.  If you have any stories about the recipes or pictures, please include them as well.  And I always have to ask you to sign up to follow my blog so you can keep track of what we're doing and what we're eating...

No comments:

Post a Comment